Projected Start Date:
Continuous Application Pool
Full or Part Time: Part-time
Category: Short Term
Hours per week: Not to exceed 40 hours
Work Schedule: Flexible; schedule will vary depending on the needs of the hiring committee(s) and will be arranged with the hiring committee chair(s).
Salary/Wage: $20 Salary/Wage Frequency:
Hourly Benefits: No health benefits are associated with this position. Short-term employees are enrolled in the APPLE (Accumulation Program for Part-Time Limited-Service Employees) retirement system.
Job Duties: A Compliance Officer is a non-voting member of a selection (hiring) committee whose purpose is to ensure that the hiring process is equitable for all applicants and protect the District from liability. Compliance Officers receive extensive training from Human Resource Services on EEO regulations and the District’s hiring procedures.
Their main responsibilities include:
• Observe and monitor the hiring process for compliance with District hiring procedures and applicable federal and state EEO laws and regulations pertaining to hiring processes
• Attend all meetings and interviews including deliberations
• Serve as a resource to hiring committees regarding District hiring practices and regulations, answering questions and addressing concerns as needed
• Intervene or halt the hiring process to correct and/or prevent violations from occurring
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
• Experience: Four years of full-time equivalent human resources experience, or professional-level experience monitoring the compliance of policies, procedures, laws and/or regulations.
• NOTE: For work experience, a “year” is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months. OR
• Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, public administration, organizational management, educational leadership, or a related field. AND
• Completion of District’s EEO training (to be completed once hired). Transcripts must be included to receive credit for education and/or to substitute education in lieu of experience (i.e. Bachelor’s degree = 4 years of experience). Click here for Guidelines for Equivalency for Classified Positions. Only coursework completed at, and degrees awarded by, accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be considered as satisfying the minimum qualifications. Coursework and degrees that are completed outside of the United States are required to have transcripts evaluated (evaluation to U.S. equivalency and a course by course analysis) by an appropriate U.S. credentials evaluation service. For a list of credentials evaluation agencies accepted by Palomar College, visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES) website at www.naces.org.
To Apply: Visit http://apptrkr.com/1295315 for full details and required application materials. Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).