Palomar College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive, two-year community college that serves the greater North San Diego County region. Palomar College offers over 200 associate’s degree and certificate programs to approximately 30,000 full- and part-time students. A favorite in the community among local institutions of higher education, Palomar College recently ranked #1 in community colleges in San Diego County in the San Diego’s Best of 2016 Readers Poll. And, Palomar College is just 12 miles from the glistening Pacific Ocean and 30 miles away from all of the exciting cultural activities that sunny San Diego has to offer.
Department: Health Services (Dept)
Salary: $7,840.08 [step 1] – $9,552.67 [step 5].
A maximum placement of step 5 is negotiable dependent upon education and experience.
Administrators that possess earned doctorates from accredited institutions are awarded an annual stipend of $1,434.
Full or Part Time: Full-Time Date Opened: 11/19/2018
Close Date: 01/14/2019
Job Duties: Administers, develops, coordinates, and evaluates behavioral health services offered to students at all District educational sites; develops educational and outreach activities on the prevention, recognition, and treatment of psychological and behavioral problems; administers the District’s psychological internship program; provides behavioral health case management services; serves on the District’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT ). Minimum Qualifications: To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
• Experience: One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the assignment.
• NOTE : For work experience, a “year” is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months. AND
• Education: Must meet one of the following sets of qualifications listed in items 1)-3) below:
1) A master’s degree in marriage, family, and child counseling; marriage and family therapy; couple and family therapy; psychology; clinical psychology; counseling psychology; or counseling with an emphasis in either marriage, family, and child counseling or marriage and family therapy; AND a valid, current licensure in the state of California as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT ).
2) A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work AND a valid, current licensure in California as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW ).
3) A completed doctoral degree in psychology; educational psychology; education with a field of specialization in counseling psychology; or education with a field of specialization in educational psychology; AND a licensure in the state of California as a Psychologist. Only coursework completed at, and degrees awarded by, accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be considered as satisfying the minimum qualifications. Coursework and degrees that are completed outside of the United States are required to have transcripts evaluated (evaluation to U.S. equivalency and a course by course analysis) by an appropriate U.S. credentials evaluation service.
For a list of credentials evaluation agencies accepted by Palomar College, visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES ) website at http://www.naces.org. Diversity Statement: Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff. Benefits: Full-time employees receive fully-paid benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents; life, disability, and long-term care insurance; and sick leave, vacation and paid holidays. Estimated value of these employer-paid benefits is approximately $29,726 annually. All full-time educational administrators are enrolled in CalSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement System).
To Apply: Visit http://apptrkr.com/1339691 for full details and required application materials. Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-590504abe66e3142ba295bfa9897c39c